Saturday, August 19, 2006

Friday Night at the Movies


Hola, all you loonie tunes out there. Professor Fether here. Tarr and I have had a couple of long and grueling -- not to mention downright traumatic -- days, so we're ready to sit back, get all natural-like, put the cooler between us, put the popcorn on the table and watch tonight's movie -- SWAMP WOMEN.

But before we talk about the movie, I have to tell you all I saw the video tapes of our "adventure" searching for the Reffitt Swamp Monster. All I can say is I don't feel responsible for anything that went on during that weekend. I see the evidence before my eyes but I have a hard time believing it really happened. It is truly all a blur to me...if, indeed, it did happen. You'll see what I mean when the tape airs in an upcoming episode.

So, this is one reason I'm ready to sit back and watch SWAMP WOMEN. This gem was made in 1955 and has the singular distinction of being Roger Corman's directorial debut. Shot in black and white. Stars Beverly Garland, Carole Mathews and Touch Conners. Yeah, Touch Connors. He later became known as Mike Conners. Heh heh. Mikey was born with an Armenian name. Something that sounds lots cooler than "Mike." Or "Touch." Well, okay, I do like Touch. Touch Fether. Hey, I like that! Mayb I'll change my name from Damien to Touch. Well, I'll have to think about that. It would ruin my initials. I like PDF. Has a certain ring to it. SWAMP WOMEN was written by David Stern. He wrote all those Francis the Talking Mule movies in the early to mid 1950s. He also wrote the novel to the first one. Hmm. A Francis the Talking Mule movie night wouldn't be too bad. Something to consider. This movie has some of the greatest taglines I've ever read:

Flaming passions against a background of weird adventure!
Scarlet Women Out to Get Every Thrill They Could Steal!
Branded Women! Notorious Women! Scarlet Women! Which is Deadlier?


With taglines like that, ya just gotta love the flick! Hmm, I wonder which is deadlier?

Oh yeah, check out the website. Lots has been added and updated. Start with the S'Newsletter and take it from there.

No comments: