Thursday, May 03, 2007

Sir Graves Ghastly


It's with heavy heart that I report the death of one of my long-time heroes, Sir Graves Ghastly. Sir Graves, whose real name was Lawson Deming. Rising out of his coffin, Sir Graves presented classic films such as Dracula and Frankenstein on WJBK in Detroit from 1967 until September 1983. He was orginally on late Friday nights but moved to Saturday afternoons. His closing line was "Happy haunting" combined with an evil laugh. Lawson Deming, was happily retired and living in Ohio until his death at 94 last week. I was a faithful fan of his for almost his entire run on WJBK. It was the highlight of my Saturday afternoons to watch his show. He is one of the reasons I decided to carry on the tradition of horror hosting. I'll miss you, Sir Graves. All I can say is "Happy haunting" to you. R.I.P.

No comments: